Saturday, March 14, 2009

I decided that since I am still getting complaints from my followers, I will be updating this blog with just random everyday stuff instead of trying to fill it with interesting stories :-) you may all regret this....
I have been keeping busy with the remodeling of the house. I am currently taking down the "popcorn" ceilings in the livingroom and the room Hayden is moving into (Justines old room). What a messy hassell(sp?) that has been! I bought the special tools that are supposed to cut down on the mess, but they don't work as good as advertised - surprise, surprise - so there has been a ton of cleanup every time! I worked on the livingroom last week and I am finishing the bedroom this week so David and I can team up to put the new ceilings up. We are using the knockdown method, basically popcorn that is flat. It is much more modern of a look and I want something that I don't have to vacuum every month (you know this is true Mom and Doug!) The ceilings will stay white and I will paint the walls a color. David thought it would be a good idea to pick several colors and let everyone have a say - I decided that that is a dumb idea and I will pick the one I like the best. David and I like the same color and we will be here longer! :-) Hayden will now only pick the color for his room and Maddy will pick hers when we get closer to doing that room.
Maddy got to go to a motocross school in Vantage last weekend. It was sure nice to have her out racing again! It is still too cold here, but it was 50 degrees there. David got some nice pictures of her jumping with the sun in the background (silouhetted) but they were only on the phone so when I post them they will be really small. Hayden has been practicing all week for his drivers test that we thought he would be taking this week, only to find out that it is in fact not until April 15th. We were both disappointed to say the least! He is really a good driver and I was looking forward to having a helper! So we will wait one more month. He will be driving by summer, though, which will be an even bigger help.
I will post those pics of Maddy next....

3 comments:

Sydney said...

Oh my God! I can't believe my baby brother is going to be a real driver! Good lord they are old. Sighhhh, I miss you guys so much. :( I love you!

Mary-Leah said...

Thanks for letting us know Maddy was in Vantage! Jeff was over there twice last weekend. Stopping by to watch her race would have been a welcome diversion! Geesh....you never tell us anything!

Mimi/Papa said...

Our hearts skipped twice while reading this blog...hearing/seeing our little Maddison JUMPING a motorcycle on those hills and hearing that Hayden will be driving before long! We are getting SO OLD!!! damnit! It's good she got to go to a "school" to learn things in a proper manner so she won't get killed, so we were glad about that! ha Now, if we can just get Maddison's parents to go to a school to show teenagerwannabes how to ride properly so THEY won't get hurt - again! Geeshhh you guys...you aren't 20 anymore!! DUH! Have a happy and safe summer on those things. And, Hayden, drive carefully. I know you will be anxious to take us for a ride our next time up there! ahha Love you guys..Mimi and Papa