Sunday, March 15, 2009

Damn to hell the lazy assed contractor who discovered that spraying drywall putty on a ceiling and letting it dry was a fast way to "finish" a ceiling!! I hope he spends a few lifetimes in hell, and his penance will be to scrape, refill, sand and re-texture a million ceilings!!
Can anyone tell what I have been doing this weekend???? I swear there must be a special place in heaven for contractors who really "finish" ceilings. (you know, the pretty swirly ones, or the nice flat ones) This has got to be one of the WORST jobs I have ever done in this re-model. It may well be the worst job I have ever done. The wetting down and scraping was bad enough - now I have sanded all the areas that David filled (because the LAZY contractor who origionally did this house must have been running low on drywall mud, so didn't fill in all the low spots correctly...Hell, I tell you! ) After I finished, I realized that despite my very best efforts to avoid it, there is a fine dusting of - well, DUST! - all over the house! I have had to vacuum, dust and damp dust almost every surface in the entire house (except the rooms whose doors were shut) Tomorrow we will be spraying the new "texture" on the ceilings, and I will NEVER do this again!! Once these are done, I don't care how it looks, It is staying!!
I have to go blow more drywall dust out my nose..... :-(

2 comments:

Sydney said...

I laughed so hard that I disturbed Kaden's show. He said, "Meeeeh!" And then he frowned at me and turned back to his cartoon.

This only makes me more firm in my goal to buy a mostly new house. :)

Mimi/Papa said...

LOL Damn to hell most "fix-it" projects! I am about to start painting both bathrooms (when I am "well" from this coughing) and I hope to God I don't have any problems with just paint like you've had with all your home remodeling...I never thought it would be this bad for you! And also a lot more work since you still have a "lame" leg...poor you! I feel so bad that we don't live closer so we could be of some help to you since we know you have none there!! we really do hope the spraying will go better than what you've already done. We know it will look good, no matter the frustration of damning someone to hell!! hahaha

Love you...can't wait to see all your new things!