Monday, February 9, 2009

These are some older pictures that I found while trying to organize pictures on my computer. I thought they were good ones.
We didn't do much this weekend, me still being on crutches and all, but the kids (Hayden and Maddy) did each go snowboarding on a day - Maddy on Saturday and Hayden on Sunday. The "Big Air" competition was on Sunday so they got to watch that. David spent most of his weekend trying to finish the cabinet doors for the top part of the kitchen. Anyone who knows us knows that this new kitchen has been talked about for about 6 years ans has been trying to be accomplished for about 9 months. It is taking longer than I expected, but all the work is being done by David at almost no cost to us, so I can't complain. The doors came out beautifully! I can hardly wait to get all the rest of the stuff done so I can have a pretty kitchen! I will focus on the livingroom as soon as I get off crutches. The ugly popcorn ceilings will be the first to go! Then we are also going to move the two kids left after Justine leaves to the bottom bedrooms and redecorate for them. Haydens room will become an extra guest room with a double/queen bed and the exercise equipment will move to that space to have more room in the basement. The small room will stay as my craft room and we will keep the single bed in there. Alot to do, but well worth it!
I watched movies most of the weekend (when I wasn't ln Facebook). Hopefully this will be the very last weekend I have to spend laid up. I am ready to DO something! I have watched a lifetime of TV this year! I did get to see the Gonzaga game on Saturday (what a killing! Poor Zags!) and the Lakers/Cavaliers game on Sunday. Both Kobe and Lebron are my favorites, but I had to root for the Lakers, and they didn't disappoint! I love to watch basketball of any kind. Hayden only has 2 more games and his season is over and Maddison has 5 more games and then it is racing/baseball season.
I will post some more old pics if I find anything really good. Putting everything into the proper files and labeling all of them is taking me longer than if I just slapped them into an album...SIGHHHH!!!

4 comments:

Christinarina said...

Sooo sad about Justine's room! So many good times in there, thats for sure. At least we know Maddison will keep the dream alive for a few more years :) Love you.

MAMMA said...

Sorry to disapoint but it will be Haydens room now! Maddy is getting a redocorate, but she is staying in the same room (sydneys old one)Now it will have icky boy germs!! hahaha! I love you more!

Sydney said...

I feel your pain Christy. I felt homeless after my room was given to Maddison (even though I ok'd the swap). Staying in it just never felt the same after that... Sigh. It sucks growing up! :)

(At this point though, Stu and I are sooo looking forward to the prospect of a bed to stay in at Mom's where we don't roll to the middle!)

MAMMA said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! So right on that one! Your Dad is so cheap,. he never wanted to buy new beds and the ones we have are just absoloute CRAP!! I am the one who is getting this new mattress, but it is going on the bed I had when I was growing up. It was my Grandpas bed and we are refinishing it. It will be beautiful!