Saturday, February 14, 2009

Well, there aren't any pictures yet to post, but I thought I should let everyone know that Haydens team won their last game of the freshmen season in DOUBLE overtime 62 to 59. We played a Priest River JV team that came to play us at the end of their undefeated season. It was by far the best game we had all season (Hayden got 11 points) and a great way to go out! We played Moscow yesterday and also won by 8, (Hayden had 12 points in that one) which felt really good after going down to Moscow and losing to them with what seemed like hometown refing. (or would that be "reffing", I'm just not sure) The boys wanted to beat them so bad - they were fired up for that one for sure! So ends another great basketball season and I will post some pictures of him playing as soon as I can get some ordered. We are getting them from the photographer that takes them at our games because my camera is just so crappy for inside the gym pictures.
In other news, Justine leaves for boot camp on Monday. :-( I will be sad to see her go even though I know it is something she really wants to do. I am the Mom and as the Mom I am supposed to hate it when my babies fly the coop! And anyone who knows me knows that I really do hate it (Sydney - grrr!) I had a parental breifing from her recruiter and he told me that her first phone call to me would be full of tears and pleas to get her out of there, but not to worry because it happens to everyone! Now, I don't know about you, but when I heard that I wanted to choke him. Who says that to an overprotective Mom???!!! S-I-G-H!!! This will be harder on me than her I am sure! So, anyone wanting to wish her well should call before we leave on Monday at 5:00.

3 comments:

Sydney said...

So is she flying down there?

Mary-Leah said...

Yay Hayden! And good luck to Justine!

Shelly B said...

WTG on Hayden's games. I never really liked basketball until Chase started playing.

Where will Justine be stationed at? I'm sure she'll do great and I'm sending you lots of hugs, I'm sure it is hard on you letting her go. I'm having a hard time with Alyssa in an apartment near campus and she is only 30 minutes from home.