Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Well, the day has finally come! I dropped Justine off to ship out for basic training! I dropped her off at the hotel and we had decided in advance that I would just drop her off and leave quickly so we could cry on our own, or we may never have stopped crying! She was right. I cried until I got to Post Falls and I had a headache for the rest of the night. I know this will be a good thing for her, but I still hate to lose one of my babies! They seem so young at 18. Not nearly ready to face the world, but there she goes...
In other news, we found out that one of her best friends is pregnant! While she is young and this will put a little damper on her education for now, I still can't help but be thrilled at the idea of having another baby around! I miss the babies! Maybe now I can be a full time grandma to a little one until MY OWN grandson comes back! :-)
I will call or e-mail everyone when I get Justines address in boot camp so we can all flood her with letters and cards. I want to give her as much support as possible!

3 comments:

Mary-Leah said...

Oohhh......who's pregnant???

MAMMA said...

I can't say until all her family is notified! I will ley you know, so you can wish her well too!

Sydney said...

I know, I'm excited too about the new baby! Makes me want to come sooner than we have to. Lame. BUT, eventually YOUR OWN grandson WILL be back in America... someday.

Definitely let us know Justine's contact info as soon as you know it since things take much longer to travel from here! I love you Mamma!